Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Some of Luke's Firsts






Well on Tuesday, June 30th Luke rolled over. Unfortunately I was taking a nap and missed it. However the next morning I was on it and made sure to capture it on video! I've had fun watching him roll around on the floor on his various blankets and quilts. Even funnier is now that he can turn over he's become particular about how he sleeps. He'll sleep on his back from about 9 until 3 AM and then wake up and want to be on his side. So I'll change his diaper, feed him and lay him down on his side until he gets comfortable and he'll sleep like that until almost 8 AM. Such a silly boy...

Also Luke has begun to eat solids. We started once we got permission from the peditrician. We are starting with yellow veggies and have tried carrots and squash so far. He eats them up very well. Of course mommy snapped up some pictures of the messy eater. I love it!!!

Luke also recently got a jumper that hangs in the doorway. He's getting used to it. It makes a lot of noise which mommy could do without but it was cheap and it helps to tire him out. Also we think he's getting his first teeth. He keeps sticking his thumb up near his top front teeth. We've also felt around in his mouth and that area is definitely the hardest area in the mouth. Oh the fun nights ahead. And I thought sleeping through the night was right around the corner. Maybe not so soon anymore!

1 comment:

Valerie Chamberlain said...

I love the food pictures!!! Doesn't it take hours to feed them the smallest jar of food? I'm not really looking forward to that again :o)